Thursday, January 14, 2010

I bet he doesn't kick puppies, either

Back home again with the girl, so naturally I'm reading the news. Thanks to Talking Points Memo, here's a gem of an interview with Harold Ford, who's considering a primary challenge to Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, who was appointed to fill Hillary Clinton's Senate seat. Ford appears to be a Joe Lieberman sort of Democrat (which is to say, one who disagrees with everything the Democratic Party stands for and would like to accomplish), and the whole interview is meandering and Palin-esque in places, but this is the real money quote (emphasis added):

Q. Guns. Let's talk about this issue.

A: I never got an A rating, like my opponent -- would-be opponent -- has enjoyed. I don't own them. I do shoot them, and I shoot them at things that can't shoot back. And will continue to do that. And by that, I want to be clear, I don't mean children. I have done a little bird hunting in my day.

To be honest, it hadn't occurred to me that a candidate for Senate might shoot children on his days off, but now that he brings it up, I guess it's...reassuring? Or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment