- The Left Hand of Darkness - Paul Hoffman.
- The Family Trade - Charles Stross.
- The Fuller Memorandum - Charles Stross.
- The Jennifer Morgue - Charles Stross.
- The Atrocity Archives - Charles Stross.
- Roger Zelazny's The dawn of Amber. Book 1 / John Gregory Betacourt.
- The Post-American World - Fareed Zakaria. It took me a while to characterize: it's a book-length Economist article. Not a bad one, but not deep or anything.
- Tiassa - Steven Brust. Muddled compared to his best work, but Brust obviously had fun writing it, and that shines through.
- Tibet: A History - Sam van Schaik. Really excellent: shows how there are no simple narratives around Tibet.
- The Last Four Things - Paul Hoffman.
Shame on you Old Man…
3 months ago