Wednesday, March 17, 2010

on the ground in Santiago

HOLY CRAP NOBODY SPEAKS ENGLISH HERE WHY DIDN'T YOU WARN ME I'M GONNA DIE.

Not entirely true. But my Spanish is very rusty still. I'm at the Plaza Londres, in Santiago's Centro. It's a nice part of town, like a cross between Mexico and Prague. I like the volunteers: 4 men, 9 women (4 people bailed at the last minute). The hostel is a walk-up, and the menfolk got put on the top floor: someone thinks we're more robust.

There's a store down the street full of nothing but plastic bags. The field directors who live here don't get it either.

Things are going pretty well. I got some rest this afternoon. The raw parts on the inside of my lip hurt a lot, especially when chewing.

Everything is going according to plan. =)

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure your lip will heal faster without all that kissing... ;-)

    *hug*

    adventure on!

    ReplyDelete