Friday, January 28, 2011

another day, another interview

I didn't get the Palo Alto job for literally the most petty of reasons: one of the founders didn't like me. Even though the other founder did, and the people I'd have been working for and with wanted to hire me, that disapproval torpedoed the whole thing.

Maybe I could grow out my beard, wear different clothes, and try again in a month. He'll probably have forgotten me.

I still have a lot of anger and disappointment about it, and I'm just going to have to give those feelings some space. They'll take some time to dissipate, which sucks.

I went back to the Mountain View company today, for one interview with a guy who asked for some easy-for-me coding, and to talk to the director about what I'd actually be working on. Fortunately, he has a vision for the role, even if his minions have no idea what I'd be doing. So I'm a bit wary, but it might work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment