Thursday, April 8, 2010

wisdom, little kid edition.

From Tiffany at electric boogaloo, which is kind of a mommy blog, but is generally so awesome it doesn't deserve to be pigeonholed so:

Third thing was at dinner. He’s not great at the whole dinnertime conversation flow yet, with its bewildering turn-taking and letting other people speak. But that’s what meals are for, right? Meals certainly aren’t for eating your chicken. So tonight during a lull he said, “People’s lifes are their LIFES.”

“Wow, oh. What do you mean?”

“That’s all I mean. People have a life and it is their life. Your life belongs to you and it is your life. And every person’s life can’t belong to another person.”

“Huh.” I say that out loud a lot. It’s a sound that means I am patiently waiting for the moment where I understand this.

Nicolaus guessed, “I think he means that two people can’t ever be the same person. Because they are both alive and they are different people.”

Graham was frustrated. “No, that’s not what I mean. I mean your life is YOUR LIFE. And nobody can really be your boss. Or really tell you to do everything. Because YOUR LIFE is your life.”

Oh my god. He is going to get fired from a lot of jobs later on, isn’t he?

Yay. He's going to be an excellent Zen student someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment