Friday, July 15, 2016

high praise.

Anna was away this evening, so I did bedtime.
"Figure out what you want for bedtime reading?"
"Well, Mama's reading X and Y, and it's always a pain for her to find her place in those, so..."
"How about Z [which I was reading from]?"
"The thing is, I've read Z a bunch of times, and no offense, but you don't read that well."
"Okay. Pick something to read for yourself, and get tucked in."
Minutes pass. I check on progress.
"All I could find was this book, but I already read the e-book, so...it's not that interesting."
I scroll through my Kindle app.
"Hmm... Moby-Dick, Anti-Intellectualism In American Life...have you read all the Earthsea books?"
I just re-read the first three, and read the last two for the first time. The boy has only read #2, so I start in on A Wizard of Earthsea.

Third paragraph.
"Wow, you actually do have a good reading voice. I must not hear it so often, and I forgot."

No comments:

Post a Comment