Tuesday, July 2, 2013

...and sometimes you just feel bad.

There are shenanigans afoot at work. Shenanigans, I tell you! I wrote a post with the full story, but then decided not to post it. I probably never will: professionalism, not airing dirty laundry, that sort of thing. Suffice to say that good people with honest needs and intentions are coming together to produce an organizationally idiotic decision with a serious impact on my life.

A younger me would have taken this personally, but there's no malice or bad faith here. It's just not about me, which in some ways may be the problem. If they were responding directly to my needs instead of to their own guidelines, they might be making a different decision.

So there's only anger if I decide to let myself be angry about it. Mostly it's just sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment