Saturday, April 9, 2011

too much shallow information

Software guy Neil mix visits his blog after a long hiatus:
Believe it or not, I've been meaning to follow up on my last post, that amazingly bad prediction of handwriting recognition for (what turned out to be) the iPad, for over a year now. Every once in a while the embarrassment hits me, usually when I vanity-Google, but I just haven't had the urge to write. I've been...out of touch.

I've lost my footing with social media. Facebook is an endless stream of updates from people I lost contact with long ago for good reason. And on Twitter for some crazy reason I've lost the ambition to out-snark the snarkiest snark that ever snarked. Solvable problems for sure, but what's the purpose here? I haven't missed them. And the real world is proving to be a pretty awesome place. I'm sure there's a good nerdy high-tech-expert blog post lurking in my post-social-media experiences, but that would be for another day, if at all.

Congratulations on re-discovering what matters, Neil. Welcome back.

No comments:

Post a Comment