- Got family Christmas presents done.
- Ordered new innards for the home server (which should be here by Thursday, weirdly).
- Temporarily set the Squeezebox running off my laptop until the home server is alive again.
- Switched the wireless to WPA so it's actually secure now.
- Discovered that while an AT&T pre-paid chip will let an iPhone make phone calls, you're not supposed to do that, because if the iPhone hits the Internet at all, it will run your balance down right quick. Basically, there's no such thing as a no-data chip.
- Went grocery shopping.
- Made chicken simmered in tomato sauce that is at least the equal of anything I made before I left.
- Retrieved some geek books from the garage.
Slightly upsetting is that the current setup of the dryer vents, at least when combined with rain, leads to the garage being incredibly humid. The garage, which has all my books. Mostly stored in cardboard boxes. Some of which are now damp. So I have a project before we run the dryer again.
Mostly it's been a lovely day of lounging, reading, and watching Carnivàle, the latest entry in the collection of TV Shows That Died Too Young.